You already know the importance of automating a security system. Working CCTVs, alarm systems, window locks—you’ve got them. Now, is having one of those automated domestic gates worth a shot? Definitely—but how can you know if it’s suitable for your property?
You don’t need to be an expert in gate automation systems. You just have to know how automated gates work.
How do automated domestic gates work?
Gate automation involves the use of mechanisms that can be integrated into an existing gate, making it automatic. As for operating the gate, you can open and close it using a remote control or fob. Pressing its buttons will trigger the receiver to open or close the gate.
Another way to operate a gate is using an access control system (ACS). Its interface comes with a button, which you can press to operate the gate. You can also put an ACS inside your house, so you won’t get out of your house to let someone in. One more benefit of having an ACS is having a back-up control system, in case your remote control gets lost.
This function, together with a working security system, will provide an easy but safe entry for your household.
Are automated gates right for you?
You should definitely consider automated gates if:
- You have a loose budget – Automatic gates can cost high because they are high-tech security systems. That means they are viable long-term investments for a house, making their high cost justifiable. If you’re on a tight budget, you might want to think twice before sealing the deal.
- You have a young family – If you have little children at home, you can’t risk them opening the gate for you. Worse, they might get hurt in trying to open the gate for you. That’s why you should invest in one of those electric gates Derby has to offer. Using a small and lightweight remote button, you can safely enter and exit your property on your own.
- You are planning to sell your house soon – An automated gate will not only keep you safe; it will also boost your house’s market value. Your house may not be a mansion, but you can use your electric gate as the main selling point. You’ll have greater chances of selling your house, especially if your prospect buyers have families, too.
Choose the right experts in installing domestic gates
- Seasoned in their field – Modifying a gate requires insights into integrating new systems into existing ones. That’s why you should rely on a seasoned provider. With years of installing residential gates under their belt, you can relax more, knowing they know the ins and outs of mounting new systems. The result? A fast but reliable service.
- Has plenty of happy clients – When choosing providers of automatic gates Sheffield and Derby wide, look at their reviews. What’s the common denominator in them? Do they rave about their great service? How about their efforts in providing a personalised solution for their clients?
- Offers a thorough upkeep service – They should, at the least, offer visual inspections, performance testing, and routine servicing. For example, Magtec Electric Gates can do those; plus they can perform a health and safety risk assessment if needed.
Hire someone who can truly help you
For the best automatic gates in the UK, you can rely on Magtec Electric Gates. Magtec has been helping homeowners in the UK get the peace of mind that they are highly secure in their own premises. With robust automated gates, these families have since slept sounder, free from worries. Visit http://www.magtecelectricgates.co.uk/ today to view their portfolio.