When buying pizza ovens, there are only two factors to keep in mind:
Of course, you can’t just order any pizza oven you find online. Not all of them function similarly. And yes, even the brand does matter. Therefore, if you find a supplier that hits the two, then you have yourself a winner.
This post will discuss the types of pizza ovens, so you can know the right type for your business. We also added some care tips for each type.
Types of pizza ovens
Gas pizza ovens
These ovens use gas to cook food. They are typically made of stainless steel. If you prefer convenience in your business, this might be the oven for you.
- Gas maintains high temperatures well, allowing your staff to do other things, instead of tending to the oven.
- You can use gas to bake your batches of bread in low heat.
- With gas, you can easily manage your oven’s temperature.
- Turn the oven to high heat, so the fragments will become easier to clean.
- Use a wire brush or a spatula to remove the stone’s food residue.
- If necessary, use a cloth dipped in hot water to clean the stone. Don’t use soap.
- After it cools, rinse the stone again with hot water.
- Let your oven cool for a few minutes and then remove the stone.
- Spray vinegar on the body. Wipe off the dirt using lint-free cloth.
- Polish the body with a small amount of oil.
- Ask a pro to clean the burner, as this process can be complicated.
Outdoor wood burning pizza ovens
Wood-fired pizza ovens are famous for bringing that delicious smoky taste. If you the value authenticity in your pizza, you can opt for this type.
- It only takes less than 30 minutes to preheat the oven.
- The smoky taste quality makes it so worthy of the purchase.
- Because it can cook food quickly, vegetables can retain their nutrients and antioxidants.
- Let it cool after using.
- Ensure that the base does not get wet.
- Set the oven to its highest temperature, so it self-cleans.
- Use a scraper to get the wall’s soot and residue.
- Take a wire brush to clean the rest of the oven’s parts.
- To reduce smoke, use dry, high-quality wood.
- Put in small logs gradually to lessen the smoke, too.
Outdoor brick ovens
Brick ovens are stationary ovens. They are typically suited for home use. However, if you prefer a classy look to impress your customers, you can use them, too. Visit at Fontana Forni USA
- They have good aesthetics that looks inviting to families and groups of friends.
- If you have plenty of space in the backyard, these ovens are a great option.
- They’re ideal for long-term use.
- Preheat the oven, so the residue will loosen.
- Use a pizza peel or a chef’s knife to scrape them off.
- Use a dampened cloth to remove the tough food residue.
- Clean the floor of the oven regularly.
- Consistently clean the exhaust stacks’ creosote build-up as well.
Why the pizza oven brand matters
Remember, there’s no free trial in buying pizza ovens. Therefore, you only have the brand’s reputation as the most reliable material for determining if their ovens are great.
Look at the chefs and businessowners’ reviews of their ovens. What are they saying? If they have nothing but praise, then you should definitely consider that brand. After that, you can choose your preferred oven type, based on the information here.
Why Fontana Forni
Fontana is one of the highly revered brands in the pizza oven industry.
Don’t believe us? Just ask the seasoned pizza chefs (pun not intended) who are certified fanboys of Fontana. If the pros like Fontana, then there’s no reason to dismiss buying one of their ovens. More info at https://www.fontanaforniusa.com/